Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘designs’

Yeah, it’s been quite a while since my last knitting blog post. I’ve been blogging much more about hiking. But I’ve still been knitting! (Just not writing about it.) There are a couple new things I can’t reveal just yet, but here are some highlights of 2016 and early 2017. First, let’s catch up with 2016:

For further details on these projects, see my Ravelry page (login required to see the page, but the specific projects below are set for public viewing).

Next, here’s what I’ve completed so far this year (except for the stuff I can’t share yet):

Further details on these are on my Ravelry page – direct public links to the projects appear below.

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

After two months + one day, I have finally finished the Baby Fern-Rib Anklets aka Anklets for Meeeee!

(Click photo to see it larger)

I’m really happy with the way they turned out, and I did manage to get both anklets out of one ball of Patons Stretch Socks. I did end up making the second sock 2 pattern repeats shorter. I wouldn’t have had enough yarn otherwise. However, the first sock was a little longer than it needed to be — so I feel fairly confident in saying that if your shoe size is no bigger than a US ladies’ size 8.5, and you’re careful about not letting too much yarn go to waste in the cast-on and bind-off, you can get a pair of anklets from one ball of Patons Stretch Socks as the pattern is written. (I wear a size 9 shoe, but I knit a bit on the tight side and I like my socks snug.) For the record, my second sock (which fits better lengthwise than the first) was knitted with 11 pattern repeats on the instep, up to the start of the short-row heel, 2 pattern repeats on the leg, and 12 rows of ribbing.

  • Pattern: My own, Baby Fern-Rib Anklets, (that’s a Ravelry link, login required) hopefully to be released for sale before the end of September. (test-knitting to be finished, final proofreading, yada yada)
  • Yarn: Patons Stretch Socks, colorway Kelp, 1 ball (with less than a yard leftover!)
  • Needles: US1 Bamboo DPNs, set of 5, 5″
  • Timeframe: Started 6/8/08, finished 8/9/08 (about a month in there was spent working on other projects while these were set aside)
  • Ravelry Projects Link (login required)

Thanks to Bridget and Sandie for test-knitting!

Read Full Post »